Check this page regularly to see our current studies.
Tooth Sensitivity Study
- Do you feel pain or discomfort after a bite of ice cream or a spoonful of hot soup?
- Do you have teeth with cavities?
If you answered Yes to sensitivity and No to cavities, you may have “dentin hypersensitivity (tooth sensitivity)”
We are inviting volunteers (18-80 years of age) with dentin hypersensitivity (tooth sensitivity) to participate in a 14-day dental study to test a new (investigational) product in relieving pain and discomfort.
Where: The Forsyth Institute Center for Clinical and Translational Research, 245 First Street, 17th Floor, Cambridge MA (Enter on 1 Athenaeum St.)
The study requires a screening visit to determine if you qualify.
What will happen at the study screening visit? We will:
- Review your medical and dental history
- Examine your teeth, gums, and mouth
- Test your teeth that are sensitive to determine the level of sensitivity to cold
Once you qualify and agree to participate in the study, you will either:
- Receive a regular toothpaste and a new toothbrush to brush your teeth for a week
- Receive study toothpaste and a new toothbrush and instructions to follow
There will be a total of 3 study visits after the screening visit.
A total of $400 will be given as payment if you complete the study.
Sign up for this study
If you are interested, you can use the form below to request more information, or call or email us:
617-892-8600 | email@example.com
or 617-892-8499 | firstname.lastname@example.org