APPLY HERE!! Application for Summer 2023
Application, Teacher Recommendation Letter & Transcript Due by April 1, 2023
The Forsyth Institute Student Scholars Summer Internship Program exposes high-school students to the exciting and rewarding world of scientific research. Created in 1993, the program allows students to work side-by-side in the laboratory with world-renowned scientists engaged in cutting-edge research.
The Forsyth Student Scholars Program includes an eight-week internship for Massachusetts high school students. The program pairs students with Forsyth faculty researchers as mentors. Interns learn basic laboratory techniques by participating in mentors’ research projects in a productive and enriching scientific environment. At the end of the program, students present their findings.
“The goals of the Student Scholars program are to teach students what scientific research involves, and to allow students to perform hands-on scientific research.” – Dr. Megan Pugach-Gordon, Director, Forsyth Institute Student Scholars Summer Internship Program
Highlights of the program include:
- Mentoring by world-renowned scientists on the Forsyth Faculty
- Hands-on independent research projects in cutting-edge research facility
- Weekly presentations to fellow students and mentors, and college-level lectures by Forsyth Scientists in expertise areas, including oral health research, immunology, and microbiology
- Final scientific poster presentation to the Boston-area scientific community
- Paid internships
- Current sophomore or junior high school student enrolled in a Massachusetts school within the Boston metro area
- Fully available weekdays over 8 weeks from June 26 – August 18, 2023 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Curiosity about STEM and strong motivation to perform scientific research
Forsyth values youth from all backgrounds. We believe in and are committed to expanding diversity within our industry. To this aim, youth from historically underrepresented or economically disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preferential consideration.
For more information contact StudentScholars@forsyth.org or Dr. Megan Pugach-Gordon, Director
Learn more about the Forsyth Student Scholars program, featured in the Boston Globe:
For our young interns, the Forsyth Student Scholars program is often their first “real job” and may be their first step toward a future career in the sciences.